Minifrontpagepro, Ordering

Hi,
I am using 4 minifrontpagepro moduls on my website. To ease the displaying of articles I would like to have an additional ordering option "order by -> order". Unfortunately this is not a default option in the module. Is there a way to change files or will a next update provide this option?
Than you for your answers.
Thomas
3 years 3 days ago #1 by Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi, I don't really understand, can you explain it a bit more? What do you mean by "order by -> order"
3 years 3 days ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

Hi, sorry, I have to be more precise. I'd like to have the ordering by sequence or order of the articles.
1st article
2nd article
3rd article
and so on. Like they apear in the backend list of articles.
It's easier for me to change the order of the articles than always change the date of publishing or date of creation and so on.
I just have to change the order of articles by drag and drop in the backend list. I hope that explains better what I want to do.
Thomas
3 years 3 days ago #3 by Thomas

Ah I see. You meant article ordering. Ok, I'll consider to add it in the next update.
3 years 3 days ago #4 by TemplatePlazza

order by article order seems like a pretty basic option that should have been available on day one rather something to consider adding in the next update. It should be fairly trivial to code as 'order' is just another field in the article record just like create date, modify date, etc. which you already support for the order of display in the module. When are you planning to release the next update?
2 years 5 months ago #5 by david ascher

order by article order seems like a pretty basic option that should have been available on day one

We considered it's not a basic option because it doesn't available in the Joomla's standard latest article module, which is the basis of the module.

When are you planning to release the next update?

We plan to release the update in this weekend.
2 years 5 months ago #6 by TemplatePlazza