Website crashes after upgrading from MFP 1.5.1. to 2.0.0.

Hi there,

On one of my websites that use MFP the website crashes after upgrading to version 2.0.0. It is the only website that uses a child template, so maybe that may be the cause of the problem.
PS: I restored a backup with version 1.5.1. in order to make the website work again. I hope you have enough information in the stacktrace below:

Kind regards,
Peter

This is the stacktrace:

Class "Joomla\Module\Minifrontpagepro\Site\Helper\MinifrontpageproHelper" not found

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/templates/cassiopeia_dwrbouw/html/mod_minifrontpagepro/newsy.php:123
2 require() JROOT/modules/mod_minifrontpagepro/mod_minifrontpagepro.php:51
3 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:54
4 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:57
5 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:295
6 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:167
7 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModuleRenderer.php:102
8 Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModuleRenderer->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:706
9 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->countModules() JROOT/templates/cassiopeia_dwrbouw/index.php:186
10 require() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:779
11 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:838
12 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_fetchTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:641
13 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->parse() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1025
14 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:802
15 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:284
16 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:63
17 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32
1 year 9 months ago #1 by Peter Wouda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi Peter, Does your website have template override for minifrontpage?
1 year 9 months ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

Yes, newsy.php is the override in html/mod_minifrontpagepro/newsy.php
1 year 9 months ago #3 by Peter Wouda

Hmm as the new version is using the different code for Joomla 4 it will need some code update on the override file. Let me check on it and back to you soon
1 year 9 months ago #4 by TemplatePlazza

I have made some changes to your override file so it should be working good now. Please check.
1 year 9 months ago #5 by TemplatePlazza

Works fine now, thanks!
I forgot about the override, that was the difference between the other sites.

One question: will it be possible in the future to update in the Joomla Updatemanager? Now we have to download manualy, unzip, and install the right version.

Regards,
Peter
1 year 9 months ago #6 by Peter Wouda