The main image on the home screen slider is extremely blurry

I just purchased the module but i got a problem, the main image on my home screen the big one is extremely blurry
I tried a lot of config but its all blurry please help me to fix it thanks

addedvalue.blog
1 year 7 months ago #1 by Peter Horvath
The topic has been marked as resolved.
  • Posted by TemplatePlazza (5183) Offline
Hi, it looks like the generated thumbnail is too small. Can you tell me what size (thumbnail width and height) you use in the module backend?
1 year 7 months ago #2 by TemplatePlazza
Thank you for your response, it was 64x64 and i changed now to 512x512 it looks a bit better however im not sure what config i should use on the attached places because as i see they are not changing anything.. :(
1 year 7 months ago #3 by Peter Horvath
512x512 is too big I think. Because you set retina support into 3x, the thumbnail size that will be generated will be multiplied by 3. So then the module actually generate 1536x1536px (512 x 3) thumbnail.

I think 200x200 is fine, so then the generated thumnail size is 600x600.

If you not see any thumbnail quality change after you change the thumbnail size, you need to delete all thumbnail images under folder
/images/thumbnails/mod_minifrontpagepro/
so then the module will re-generate the thumbnail
1 year 7 months ago #4 by TemplatePlazza
Thanks a lot for your help, i have to say o far im very very satisfied with this plugin it just moved the quality of my site to the nezt level.

I have a short question for thie retina 3x thingy.

This is not clear for me, my notebook has a 4k screen.

This retina setting in only effectiing with visitors with 4k screen?

Or how to understand it?

For example what is the difference if i configure 512x512 thumbnail with zero retina compared for example 200x200 thumbnail with 3x retina.

Can you please explain this?
1 year 7 months ago #5 by Peter Horvath
The retina factor is actually just a multiplier of the thumbnails that will be generated.
When you set the thumbnail width and height to 200x200 with retina 3x, this will create a 600x600 thumbnail. The same size will also be generated when you set the width and height of the thumbnail to 600x600 with retina = 0 (no retina). Or other combinations.

This retina option was created because sometimes users tend to set the thumbnail width and height values to be too small according to their expectations when viewing the results on their computer, whereas currently many devices has a high-resolution screen so that thumbnails can become blurry when the web visitor using a high-resolution monitor.

But if you use a 4k screen and you think the thumbnail quality is not blurry, it means that the size you set on the backend is already good, because a 4k screen resolution is above the current average monitor I think.

You can keep trying to reduce the size to get the optimal size and quality, because that a too large thumbnail will increase the download time of the website, although it may not be significant.

Thanks a lot for your help, i have to say o far im very very satisfied with this plugin it just moved the quality of my site to the nezt level.

I'm glad you like it :) If you don't mind and you have a time, please leave the module a rate at extensions.joomla.org/extension/mini-frontpage-pro/ I'll really appreciate it.
1 year 7 months ago #6 by TemplatePlazza