Article ordering by popularity/hits

I made a copy of Minifrontpage pro to display some popular articles by day or by week in the sidebar. The problem however is that, article ordering by popularity/hits seems to work only if you select "All time" in the Time Range. It doesn't work if you select 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, etc. Please what could be wrong? Thanks very much.

NB: I am using the current version of joomla 4. PHP 8.0
1 year 7 months ago #1 by testos
The topic has been marked as resolved.
  • Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi, I tried on localhost and I'm unable to replicate the issue. Please have a look at the video screencast below
1 year 7 months ago #2 by TemplatePlazza
Please thanks for replying. I upgraded from joomla 3 to joomla 4. I suspect that is where the problem is coming from. I tried disabling caching but that didn't help. The dates work fine but I suspect the hits are not updating. Thanks
1 year 7 months ago #3 by testos
  • Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
I see. Maybe it was your server caching. Have you tried to re-install the module?
1 year 7 months ago #4 by TemplatePlazza
Yes please. I re-installed the module but that did not help. Also, I tested a couple of the articles just to make sure. Surprisingly, the hits are updating fine even with the joomla caching enabled.
1 year 7 months ago #5 by testos
Please I think I see the problem. Let's say I need to show the top 5 most popular articles on my website in the last 7 days. It would be great if Minifrontpage could go through all the published articles on the website and then select the top 5 articles with the most hits in the last 7 days.

However, it appears, if you select 1 week, Minifrontpage checks for only the articles created in the last 7 days and then re-arranges them by hits.

Another problem with this approach is that, even if you have thousands of articles, but have not created a new article in the last week then the module will be empty. Also, let's say you created 2 new articles 3 months ago, choosing 1 day, 3 days, 1 month, or "custom" days of less than 90, will not work, and even if you choose 3 months, the module will only show 2 articles instead of 5 which doesn't look good.

Please is there a way to fix that? Thanks very much.
1 year 6 months ago #6 by testos