Help with styling issue

Hi
I just purchased the mini front page extension.  I am having an issue where the module (or the template) seems to strip out the text formatting on one page but is fine on an another?  Can you help me figure this one out.

Here's the link to the page with proper formatting (birth and death dates are on 2 lines)
migrate.rodriguemontpetitfils.com/index.php/fr/

Here's the link to the page with stripped out formatting (birth and death dates are on 1 line)
migrate.rodriguemontpetitfils.com/index.php/fr/avis-de-deces
1 year 5 months ago #1 by andreg
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi Andreg, the difference that is visible to me is in the font family. Is that what you mean?
1 year 5 months ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

Sorry i just saw your reply now.  The font is not the issue.  it seems that the line breaks for text are not being rendered.  i basically want the text to show birth date on the first line and death date on the second.

example:
Naissance: 4 novembre 1926
Décès: 27 janvier 2023 

right now its cramming all the text into a single line that then breaks at the end of the box (see capture)
I even tried to put them in a table and still doesnt work

I just noticed its doing the same for the pro version on the full obituaries page
(see capture 2)

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #3 by andreg
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by andreg. Reason: pasted an image in the body of the text

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hmm I see, It's because the module stripes out all html tag on introtext.
There's a workaround by creating a template override btw. Please follow this video : 

Then replace the line :
<?php
echo JHtmlString::truncate(strip_tags($item->introtext), $introtext_truncate); ?>
with 
<?php
echo $item->introtext; ?>

1 year 2 months ago #4 by TemplatePlazza