Error 500 after installing Related Articles with PHP 8

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi Karsten,
I have sent you an email. Can you check it please?
1 year 1 month ago #31 by TemplatePlazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi, I have installed the version with the code changes you have given me. But the module seems only to work in a browser when I am logged in at the Admin Frontend of Joomla. When I try with another browser, the wrong related articles are shown.

Does the latest version contain the possibility to sort the related articles as described by me before? Version 2.4.1 - 25-03-23
- Fixed some responsive issue for slidebox
- Fixed item count for Joomla 4 version
- Minor Language fix

Can I just install the new version, or do I have to delete the old version from my website before?

Regards
9 months 3 weeks ago #32 by Karsten

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline

Hi, I have installed the version with the code changes you have given me. But the module seems only to work in a browser when I am logged in at the Admin Frontend of Joomla. When I try with another browser, the wrong related articles are shown.

Hi, it's really strange .. and it appears that the problem is specific to your case and not easy to replicate, especially considering your complex content structure (maybe complex extension installations and configurations too). One possible reason for this issue is that certain articles have different access levels, resulting in variations depending on the access level.
By the way, have you considered creating a fresh temporary Joomla installation and duplicating your content to verify whether the problem persists in a fresh Joomla environment? This could help identify if the issue is specific to your current installation or if it occurs in a clean installation as well.

Does the latest version contain the possibility to sort the related articles as described by me before? Version 2.4.1 - 25-03-23
- Fixed some responsive issue for slidebox
- Fixed item count for Joomla 4 version
- Minor Language fix

Your version 2.4.2 is actually 2.4.1 + the custom fix for your specific problem. I didn't release 2.4.2 to the public because I wasn't really sure that the fix would work for others. However, since you haven't responded for a long time, I assumed that your problem has been resolved.
9 months 3 weeks ago #33 by TemplatePlazza