Pro version thumbnails are not working

• Posted by Apexbit Services (13) Offline
Great job now it's working. What was wrong ?
I would need two more things to ask you.
How can I change the weight of the title ? I've tried with the CSS adjustment and attribute font-weight (400, regular, normal) but doesn't work (look at module Breaking News). And if I change something in CSS to that module it changes all the other minifrontpage title display.
The second question: in my articles, I posted first of all, the category and title and after that the introtext. So, when the minifrontpage publishes it reads and publishes again the category and title as introtext. Is there a way "to tell" the module to skip a number of characters so the title doesn't repeat ? Please take a look at this module to understand what I mean: MFP International 2
Thank you.
11 months 3 weeks ago #13 by Apexbit Services

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline

Great job now it's working. What was wrong ?

It's on the thumbnail checking part, not really sure why it happened, because the code should work fine. I will check it more and will release an update later.

How can I change the weight of the title ? I've tried with the CSS adjustment and attribute font-weight (400, regular, normal) but doesn't work (look at module Breaking News). And if I change something in CSS to that module it changes all the other minifrontpage title display.

You can use a more specific selector just like this: 
.mfp_mid_105 .mfp_default_item .mfp_default_title a  {
  font-weight:400!important;
  font-size:0.9em!important;
}

.mfp_mid_105 is a unique class for the module so it wont change other minifrontpage style when you add css adjustment. You can see this class name by using browser inspect element.

Please take a look at this module to understand what I mean: MFP International 2

I didn't see this module published on ecoularadean.ro can you point me to the exact location where the module is published?
11 months 3 weeks ago #14 by TemplatePlazza

The MFP international 2 shows the article about Ronaldo top-left of the page.
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #15 by Apexbit Services
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Apexbit Services.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
You can do that by using template override. If you don't know yet to create a template override, please follow this video :

Then replace this code (line 202 in default.php, if you use default theme) :
echo JHtmlString::truncate(strip_tags($item->introtext), $introtext_truncate);
with 
$orig_intro = JHtmlString::truncate(strip_tags($item->introtext), $introtext_truncate);
$removed_str = $item->category_title." ".$item->title;
echo str_replace($removed_str, "", $orig_intro);
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #16 by TemplatePlazza
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by TemplatePlazza.

Are you sure this would work ? The articles are build using Yootheme Pro Builder and not the Joomla core editor. Therefore I'm not sure that this code will recognize the title and category written at the beginning of each article.
11 months 3 weeks ago #17 by Apexbit Services

Just one more question. What do I use to change the font for introtext ?
11 months 3 weeks ago #18 by Apexbit Services