Minifrontpage (free): Thumbnails are not resized

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline

Can you please delete the dropbox file? I really don't want to have my websites info in public. Thanks.

Done

If you open one of the thumbnails in a new window, you will see what I mean.
Instead of creating a thumbnail of the size that I have entered in Thumbnail Settings (550px X 300px) it is creating bigger sized Thumbnails.

In Minifrontpage, the generated thumbnail is automatically tripled in size to support retina images (preventing images from appearing blurry on mobile devices or high-resolution screens). Therefore, if you desire a size of 550x300, you can adjust it to 183x100 in Minifrontpage. Meanwhile, Minifrontpage Pro offers advanced settings for thumbnail generation.

9 months 23 hours ago #7 by TemplatePlazza
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough because of my english.
The plugin has an issue with the sizes. It does not serve what it says. I want to serve thumbnails with specific size (550x300). If I make the sugested adjustment it will be smaller in the webpage. 
In other words, I have an original article image which is -lets say- 1000px700. I wanted to be exactly 500X300 in the minifrontpage carousel. It shows that it is 500X300, but it is actually much bigger even from the original.  the plugin is creating a thumbnail larger (in dimension and in bytes) than the original image. This doesn't  pass several performance tests, as I ve already said. Thumbnails are supposed to decrease the data size of a webpage, not the oposite.How Lighthouse calculates oversized imagesFor each image on the page, Lighthouse compares the size of the rendered image against the size of the actual image. The rendered size also accounts for device pixel ratio. If the rendered size is at least 4KiB smaller than the actual size, then the image fails the audit. # Strategies for properly sizing imagesIdeally, your page should never serve images that are larger than the version that's rendered on the user's screen. Anything larger than that just results in wasted bytes and slows down page load time.

developer.chrome.com/docs/lighthouse/per...thouse&utm_medium=lr  
9 months 21 hours ago #8 by George Kapa

ok please open this file with your php editor :
../modules/mod_minifrontpage/Helper/MinifrontpageHelper.php

replace all of these variables (at lines 212 and 256)
$size_multiplier = 3;
into
$size_multiplier = 1;
9 months 5 hours ago #9 by TemplatePlazza

yES!
That's perfect!
Thank you!
9 months 4 hours ago #10 by George Kapa

You're welcome ;)
In Minifrontpage pro you can disable that retina support from the module's backend
9 months 4 hours ago #11 by TemplatePlazza
Attachments: