Issue with intro text display

Hello, I had installed your minifrontpage to use, and went ahead and had my boss purchase the pro version. It is a great tool for article display. I do have one small issue I am hoping there is a quick fix for.  I have been using PageBuilderCK to create my articles. Sadly if I enable for intro text to display (and I do have everything set in article with the readmore), it is showing the styling code from pagebuilderck rather than the actual contents within the article.

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #1 by jeff popkin
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by jeff popkin. Reason: embeded images cause lines of code, changed to attached

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5215) Offline
Can you please share your website's URL with me so that I can take a look?
10 months 1 week ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

I included it in a screenshot to show you. The website is bostoneventguide.com however, the site is live and I do not want to leave it up there. I do not mind enabling it for you to see if I knew a specific time you were going to look at it, but with new and returning clients visiting the site throughout the day, I do not want something that could give a "malicious code" vibe to our viewers being live on the page. In fact, I will go ahead and make a page that is not accessible through a menu and create a new module for it that shows the error I am speaking of. I think that will be best.
10 months 1 week ago #3 by jeff popkin

I enabled a module on this page that will show you. This page is Live, but one of the least visited links.
bostoneventguide.com/event-list
10 months 1 week ago #4 by jeff popkin

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5215) Offline
I have checked downloaded PagebuilderCK, and tried it out myself. The code you mentioned appears to be parameters generated by PagebuilderCK, which are stored in the introtext. Minifrontpage retrieves the introtext as raw text. The easiest way is to disable introtext. But if you're still want to disaplay introtext, you can modify the theme code of the minifrontpage theme using a template override. If you don't know how to doing template override you can follow this video 

So, after implementing a template override, please locate this part of the code:
echo JHtmlString::truncate(strip_tags($item->introtext), $introtext_truncate);

then change to :
$new_intro = $item->introtext;
$pattern = '/.*\{width:\d+%;\}/U';
$new_intro = preg_replace($pattern, '', $new_intro);
echo JHtmlString::truncate(strip_tags($new_intro), $introtext_truncate);
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #5 by TemplatePlazza
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by TemplatePlazza.