MINIFRONTPAGE PRO J4 urls to be created as they used to in J3..is it possible?

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi Petros, I tried to create a new hidden menu in the form of an article list for the "Publication" article category, and it seems like the link has been updated correctly. Please check it.
Also, it appears that you are using an older version of Minifrontpage Pro (2.3). I recommend updating it to the latest version, which has better compatibility with Joomla 4 and PHP 8.
2 months 3 weeks ago #13 by TemplatePlazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by Petros Alexandrou (10) Offline
Dear friend the problem is that this solution creates a different URL than the old ones for all those years creating articles and publishing them via minifrontpage ..and we do have another site with way more articles. Is there any other work around to address this issue ? the new URLs that were created after this change return 404 if i click in any article from websites that the old urls were published
2 months 3 weeks ago #14 by Petros Alexandrou
Attachments:

It seems that you have deleted the "publication" menu I created in the Hidden Menu. I have restored it, and now the URL appears to be working correctly again. Please check this url:
www.magnumserve.com/en/publication/132-c...response-to-covid-19
However, the URL doesn't seem to be exactly the same as the one in Joomla 3. I'm also not entirely sure about this; it appears to be a Joomla core issue.
2 months 3 weeks ago #15 by TemplatePlazza

Yes it is a joomla core issue and the problem is how the plugin generates the urls with the new change. That is a huge problem for us that we have old URLS all over the internet.

I did delete the Hidden Menu category you have created since this is not the solution - Thank you for trying and for your effort. Let me ask you this - is there any chance that MINIFRONTPAGE PRO plugin will implement such a solution as the one i describe to you before that creates a routing in J4 with same behavior that J3?

2 months 3 weeks ago #16 by Petros Alexandrou

This message contains confidential information

2 months 3 weeks ago #17 by Petros Alexandrou

Yes it is a joomla core issue and the problem is how the plugin generates the urls with the new change. That is a huge problem for us that we have old URLS all over the internet.

Even though I feel that the URL pattern generated by Joomla 4 is better, yes, I understand it's a problem when your website has so many URLs from the old site. I think you can try to address it by using .htaccess to redirect old URLs to the new ones until Google recrawls all the URLs.

I did delete the Hidden Menu category you have created since this is not the solution - Thank you for trying and for your effort

Yes, that's usually the solution for itemid issues. I think it also works for non-sef URL issues.

Let me ask you this - is there any chance that MINIFRONTPAGE PRO plugin will implement such a solution as the one i describe to you before that creates a routing in J4 with same behavior that J3?

No, sorry. Unfortunately, the codebase of Minifrontpage Pro is based on Joomla's latest news modules, so it will always follow Joomla's standard procedures.
2 months 3 weeks ago #18 by TemplatePlazza