Mini front-page: Tile mode ordering difficulties

Hi guys,
It seems I'm having a problem in tiles mode with articles whose dates are in different chronological order than their IDs, e.g. article with ID 55 and date 07/14/2023 shows up if earlier than article with ID 58, but date 05/12/2023.
I tried the applicable modes of ordering (Added, Modified or Published), and none of them seems to generate correct ordering under these conditions. All dates in each article are synced to be the same.
This effect is not observed when IDs and dates correspond to each other chronologically.
I'd appreciate any ideas or solutions...
2 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Gmuk anica
The topic has been marked as resolved.
  • Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. 

with articles whose dates are in different chronological order than their IDs, 

which dates are you referring to? Is it `createddate` or `publishdate`?
And could you please provide the steps to reproduce this condition where the dates and IDs don't align chronologically?
2 months 1 week ago #2 by TemplatePlazza
In the meantime I did a little digging and it seems my suggestion for a connection between Date and ID is wrong. It seems the problem is coming from somewhere else, and I'm unable to pinpoint.
Joomla is using Gantry framework. Except for the Gantry I disabled all third party extensions and plugins and it didn't change the sorting outcome.
All dates (including modified) are made to be the same. 
There are a few CSS attributes applied to the Mini Front-page through the interface, but no custom code. The use of the extension is for a straight category listing.
Example below. ID of the article from 10/06 is 123. The ID of the one from 10/24 is 124. All dates for each article (Published, Modified, Created) are synced to be the same.

For me the problem occurs organically, so for reproducing I'd guess just a listing of a category with multiple articles (at least 4-5 rows in 4-6 columns) should do it. Additional observation is that the ordering is different on the two languages of the site. In English these dates(/10/06 and /10/24) are not ordered correctly, while in the other language these are with correct ordering, but other articles are not.

Thank you for helping out with this :-) 

File Attachment:
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #3 by Gmuk anica
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Gmuk anica.
Which minifrontpage theme are you using?
2 months 1 week ago #4 by TemplatePlazza
Theme: Masonry
Number of columns: 6
Show Category: Hide
Show Author: Hide
Show Article date: Show
Date format: 22 April 2019
Thumbnail position: Left of introtext
Theme Skin: card.min

I changed the Date format in the screenhot from custom to one of the conventional, but this did not help.
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #5 by Gmuk anica
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Gmuk anica.
Masonry indeed has its own algorithm in sorting items (masonry.desandro.com/). The basic idea of masonry is to fill empty spaces for items that do not have the same height. This might result in visual ordering that doesn't match the logical expectations, but in terms of code, it's correct. I'd suggest trying to use the default theme with the card skin.
2 months 1 week ago #6 by TemplatePlazza