Support for PageBuilder

I have loved this product for it's ease of use for displaying content in different ways, and how when selecting a category, it automatically updates when I add a new article. I have been using PageBuilder to create my new content as it is amazing and far above anything I have used previous. However, I am having to eliminate the minifp pro modules because I can't find a way to have it use what is created in PageBuilder. I would be fine with using ID's for the pages, but no idea how to specify that it is ID's for pagebuilder and not joomla articles. I build the pages in the component section over joomla articles as it seems the SEO of the component is better as I get more web visibility (hits) from the pages created in component versus joomla article. Can this be a thing, or is there a way I can get it to work now? I am down to my last minifp module on the homepage, and it is linking to an old article and should come down. The modules I build have to be manually  updated and causing me more work, so I would love for this to work so I can go back to using it everywhere on the site I did before.
SP Page Builder - The Best Joomla 4 Drag & Drop Page Builder - JoomShaper
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #1 by jeff popkin
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by jeff popkin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5239) Offline
Hi Jeff,
Can you tell me which version of MiniFrontPage Pro you have? I believe MiniFrontPage Pro has supported page builders since version 2.4.0. If you are already using version 2.4.0, could you provide more details about the page builder use case that you think doesn't work with MiniFrontPage Pro?
2 months 2 weeks ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

I am using 2.5.0. I will explain a bit more my complications and reasoning for this request. Also, no worries I am on them for this issue.
Yes, MiniFrontPage Pro will display something built in any page builder that is used within Joomla Articles.
However, many things I would like to display are built from components.
Adding a way to support this would set this extension far above the rest. I will put a couple examples of how I would benefit from it, and I'm sure there are thousands more that would benefit for the same reasons.
We use Events Booking for our event and ticketing management. Yes, they have their own modules for display, and yes, I can customize them to display better. But why would I want to write all this code, when I can pay you for your fantastic extension that has multiple display options that we love the look & feel of? Events booking is in the components section, each event has a unique ID, and I am sure each extension in Joomla has an ID. So instead of having to write a way for a specific component and add support for that, could there be a general/global way to be able to include such things by way of component id and the item id's within it? Think about it, even things like Phoca would be able to be displayed in your extension.
I use PB by JoomShaper, who, in my opinion, is another developer like yourself, that created an amazing extension that is just better for what it does. We love supporting developers like this because it saves me so much development time. I can use PB in Joomla Articles and your extension will display them, but that is not ideal. I will post some reasons why. (Sidenote, I am copy n pasting this from a message I sent to them, as I said above, I am on them for this same issue. So this is written to them, but lists the reasons).
  • In order to create a page using PB in Joomla Articles, you need to save the page first, AND it has to be published. So my viewers / clients / customers are seeing pages that are incomplete. Especially when using modules that display things by latest / category etc. I have some of these on my homepage. That is not an ideal situation at all.
  • Many templates have preset layouts, some specific to categories. When you build a page in Joomla Articles and happen to be using one of these templates, the page never displays the way you designed it. So you are forced to add CSS code in order to override the template code that is preventing your design to display the way in which you intend. Why do I want to have to research what code is doing this and add more code. The point of PB is to make it easier and faster, yet this makes it harder and take longer.
  • The SEO seems to be better in PB when built in the component section and not using Joomla Articles. Every page I built in components gets more hits & views than those I build in Joomla Articles, which tells me they get better web visibility, which means better SEO. So why would I want to build in Joomla Articles? Well sadly I am forced to unless I want to spend hours making modules that I have to manually update each and every time I add a new page.
Hope this gives you the information you need. If there is anything else you would like to know I would be glad to help.

2 months 1 week ago #3 by jeff popkin

I just realized that Page Builder is able to create non-Joomla articles content. Do you have a sample page/web that I could look at to better understand this? So far, MiniFrontPage Pro is indeed designed to display content in the form of articles, and I'm not yet sure if it would be suitable for non-article content like event booking
2 months 1 week ago #4 by TemplatePlazza

Sure, here are a couple to look at. Would you like a login so that you could see the back end component section?

Ethnic Boston Food Festival (bostoneventguide.com)
Wine & Seltzer Festivals (bostoneventguide.com)
Resolution Ball (bostoneventguide.com)

2 months 1 week ago #5 by jeff popkin

Hi Jeff, OK. So, what are you expecting Minifrontpage Pro to do to the pages? Do you want Minifrontpage to source content from those pages?
2 months 1 week ago #6 by TemplatePlazza