Minifrontpage: Where does the thumbnail come from?

Dear TemplatePlazza,

Where does Minifrontpage get its thumbnail? For most of my articles it seems to pick up the first image in the body of my article (which is what I want). But for some articles it picks up the image from the "Full Article Image" parameter (which I don't want). Is there a way to tell Minifrontpage which image to prioritize between body of article, intro image, and full article image?

Thanks!
2 months 1 week ago #1 by jazzbird

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5239) Offline
Hi jazzbird, MiniFrontPage will first look for an image in the intro image. If it doesn't find one, it will then check the full text image, and if it still doesn't find one, it will search the body of the article.
2 months 1 week ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

Thank you. Good to know. As a suggestion, it would be great to have an option allowing the user to choose the preferred source of the thumbnail. 
2 months 1 week ago #3 by jazzbird

Actually the handling of the thumbnail is super annoying. I have deleted the intro image and full article image, leaving only images in the body of the article. I have also deleted the thumbnail in images/thumbnails/mod_minifrontpage. I have cleared Joomla's cache. And yet minifrontpage keeps recreating the same original thumbnail (that was previously set under "full article image") out of nowhere. How do I get rid of it?
2 months 1 week ago #4 by jazzbird

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5239) Offline
It shouldn't be like that. Have you tried clearing your browser cache as well?
2 months 1 week ago #5 by TemplatePlazza