Problem with v 1.5.0 of Latest News Plus Date on inherited site

I have adopted a site that uses ver 1.5.0 of Latest News Plus Date. I have migrated the site to a new server and all is working well except the module returns an error message on the home page after displaying some news items correctly. The error is as follows... Please advise !

Notice: Undefined variable: my in /path/www/modules/mod_latestnewsplusdate/tmpl/default.php on line 160

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /path/www/modules/mod_latestnewsplusdate/tmpl/default.php on line 160
11 years 2 months ago #1 by Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello

You have an old version which I don't have it on my end so I can't check what line 160 is for or do.
Which Joomla version that you're using now? If you're using Joomla 2.5 on the migrated site, why don't you use the latest version of LatestNews+ module?
11 years 2 months ago #2 by erwinschro

Hi,
Thanks for your response. The client has not yet approved an update to Joomla 2.5 so at the moment I am stuck with Joomla 1.5.26. Am I able to get the final release of LatestNews+ that was created for Joomla 1.5 compatibility? Otherwise, Line 160 says the following;
$query = "SELECT * FROM #__categories WHERE published=1 AND count>=1 AND (section>=1 OR section='com_content') AND access <= " . (int) $my->gid ." $where";
11 years 2 months ago #3 by Mark

Are you sure this line,
$query = "SELECT * FROM #__categories WHERE published=1 AND count>=1 AND (section>=1 OR section='com_content') AND access <= " . (int) $my->gid ." $where";

is from default.php? I guess thar come from helper.php because I don't see any thing related with those notice said above.
11 years 2 months ago #4 by erwinschro

Yes it is, I am not sure if I am able to upload the file here for you to see so I have placed it at the following url - note I have renamed it to a plain text file intouch-web-test.au.com/default.php.txt
Please have a look, the file at the above URL is the file located in /path/www/modules/mod_latestnewsplusdate/tmpl/ folder that the error refers to. Thanks again
11 years 2 months ago #5 by Mark

Can you check inside this file /mod_latestnewsplusdate/mod_latestnewsplusdate.php if any of this variable below exist in there
$my
11 years 2 months ago #6 by erwinschro