JQuery Problem with Responsive Banner

Hello,

I just purchased the Responsive Banner Slider, and I'm having problems with the included jquery. Two things:

1 - It does not work in Internet Explorer 8. How can I change it to make sure it does?
2 - It doesn't work on article pages. I think it's conflicting with the "Other Articles" module on the page. What can I do to make that work?

My main site is www.brocouncil.com and the module is working there.
The module doesn't work on any links like www.brocouncil.com/Bro-Council-Stuff/sta...s-a-real-dating-site

Thanks.
11 years 2 months ago #1 by route2dmb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi routedmb,

1 - It does not work in Internet Explorer 8. How can I change it to make sure it does?

Yes some animations won't work in IE8 because limitation of CSS3 adoption, so it degrades to standard slide animation

2 - It doesn't work on article pages. I think it's conflicting with the "Other Articles" module on the page. What can I do to make that work?

It's probably because of jQuery confliction. I see that jQuery is loaded twice on your website, one is jQuery 1.8.2 and other one is jQuery 1.4.2. Can you try to disable the old one?
11 years 2 months ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

Thanks for the quick feedback!

1. It would be ok if it went to standard slide animation, but it's not doing that for me. Is that a setting I need to turn on or should that be the default?

2. Great catch! Do you know how I would go about disabling the old one? Sorry...I'm pretty new at the jQuery stuff.

Thanks again!
11 years 2 months ago #3 by route2dmb

Hi route2dmb, Sorry for the delay in the response.

1. It would be ok if it went to standard slide animation, but it's not doing that for me. Is that a setting I need to turn on or should that be the default?

Yes, it should be like that. In IE8 the CSS3 animations will degrade into standard animations.
I have checked your website in and looks like there's no problem with the animation. Can you point me directly to the problem?

2. Great catch! Do you know how I would go about disabling the old one? Sorry...I'm pretty new at the jQuery stuff.

I'm not sure what extension on your site that called jquery 1.4.2 , but from the script ordering it looks like it comes from the jqueryeasy plugin (but still, I'm not sure about that because it call external jQuery from google repo, so no internal path showed)
11 years 2 months ago #4 by andy

No problem sikum,

1. I think that's working now. I installed the jqueryeasy plugin, and that helped my problems.
2. The jqueryeasy plugin checks if more than one jQuery is loading and only loads the new one. It was pretty simple to install, so hopefully this may be able to help some other people.

One last question: I use Adv ance Module Manager to load my modules, and for some reason the Responsive Banner module doesn't respond well with it. I have not had a problem with any other modules, but for some reason it is showing up on all of my 404 error pages and I can't disable it. I have tried other modules using the exact configuration of the Responsive Banner module and they don't show up on the page. Any suggestions?

Example page: brocouncil.com/templateplazza

Thanks for all of your help!
11 years 2 months ago #5 by route2dmb

Can you let me know what configuration you have applied to the module?
11 years 2 months ago #6 by andy