Minifrontpage Menu Item

Hello. I am a newbie to Joomla(2.5) and am trying to create a menu item to link to my News page(using Minifront page). When I click on add new menu item, I dont see any menu item type for the module. Please help.
11 years 5 months ago #1 by Lateef Rilwan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello rilmax,

Great thanks for using our module.

About your case, would be nice if you read the guide of joomla, for example docs.joomla.org/Adding_a_new_menu_item

and you can try to find what you want to know about Joomla in docs.joomla.org

Good Luck
11 years 5 months ago #2 by ronysyz

Thanks for the quick response. I actually know how to add a new menu item. The problem lies in the fact that I want the Minifront page module to show on another page (NOT as my default homepage).

VirtueMart automatically adds a new Menu item type for its front page, such that you simply select it when creating your menu item(e.g Online Store). All I want is a link that would take me to the Minifronpage module show a catalog of my news(articles).

Thanks.
11 years 5 months ago #3 by Lateef Rilwan

11 years 5 months ago #4 by ana

I want the Minifront page module to show on another page (NOT as my default homepage).

You just need to assign a minifrontpage to specific pages that you want

maybe you can read:
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_assign_a_module_to_specific_pages%3F
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_assign_a_module_to_a_position%3F
11 years 5 months ago #5 by ronysyz

Thanks. I finally got it to work using Blank Component(extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...ersonal-layout/17363) which allowed me create a blank page menu type to place the Minifrontpage module. :D
11 years 5 months ago #6 by Lateef Rilwan