K2 item display

Hi Mate,

I am creating a website for product catalogue of mobile phones, but when i create a K2 item with custom extra field i get the k2 item appear as issue1.png. i would like the k2 item to be display like Issue2.png but keeping the deal plazza design elements.
11 years 11 months ago #1 by hissam
The topic has been marked as resolved.
Hi there mate,

can you please provide an update
11 years 11 months ago #2 by hissam
Well...that's need a big overhaul or customization work to get done in the following file

/templates/deals_plazza/html/com_k2/deal_plazza/item.php start from about line 64

You can remove all the extrafields part used by the deal plazza template for their countdown timer, Value, discount, You Save numbers etc.
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?>
<?php endif; ?>

then
you can output your own created extrafields in there and add styling of the extrafields table inside com_k2.css you can find in /deals_plazza/css/ folder.

Have a try then
11 years 11 months ago #3 by erwinschro
Hi Mate,

I thought this template could be used other than just deals website. this just limit the whole purpose of what i want to do with this template. as i am not extremely skill full in scripting.
11 years 11 months ago #4 by hissam
Hi there mate can you please let me know how to have the default k2 category_item layout and K2 item layout instead of the deals category and item layout.
11 years 10 months ago #5 by hissam
Hi mate,

I have been a member of template plazza back 2 year and have all your templates. As soon as the new template was available i went for it as i know the service and quality of work that i will get. As i stated earlier i just want to have the standard K2 layout instead of the deal plazza for category item display and item display. I have done some tweaking around but not the desired result as i am not good at web designing. Can you please help as it states on this template "How if I don't want to create a deal website? That's fine. You will still be able to use this template for other purposes."

If you can provide some assistance that will be great. thanks in advance
11 years 10 months ago #6 by hissam