Mini K2 Content Headlines Title - Chrome Issue

Hi

I think I am either going crazy or I am having issues with the Newsticker title on the Mini K2 Content extension.

As far as I can see the ticker title is being overlapped by the headline in Chrome and only the first letter of the ticker title is being shown. You can see it happen in the demo here:

demo.templateplazza.com/joomla/index.php...-in-newsticker-style

Make sure to load in Chrome.

It is happening on my installation too which is Joomla 2.5.8, K2 2.6.1 and Mini K2 Content 1.2.

I have tried switching the ticker title off, clearing the cache and yet the issue still persists. If I leave the ticker title field blank it defaults to Headlines.

The CSS that affects it appears to be in the source code of each page rather than in a separate file and is controlled by the class file .ticker. If you manually change it by 30px it appears to fix but I am not sure how that will affect other browsers.

Help please, thanks in advance.

11 years 5 months ago #1 by A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is anyone able to help with this please?

Surely I'm not the only one that has noticed this?

Thanks.
11 years 5 months ago #2 by A

Hi Pedant, we're sorry for late in replying. What chrome version did you use?
I'm using chrome and can't find see problem you've mentioned. See the atachment
11 years 5 months ago #3 by andy

Hi there, thanks for the reply and on a Saturday too! :D

I'm still having the issue on my computer and I know it is not isolated to me because it was a colleague who reported the issue to me, I have seen it now on 3 separate PCs.

I haven't done a separate screenshot as it is the same as the one in my original post.

My personal spec is:

Chrome: Version 23.0.1271.64 m
Google Chrome is up to date.

Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1

It is only Chrome I can see the problem in and for me it isn't an issue as I'm usually a Firefox man but I do need to find a solution.

Thanks again.
11 years 5 months ago #4 by A

Hello....just want to confirm...
I'm using the same Chrome and Windows specs on my laptop and that issue happen only at the first headline title loaded, then after the 2nd, 3rd etc headline titles are fine...I think i can live with that but hopefully Andy will get something for that maybe...
11 years 5 months ago #5 by erwinschro

Hi, thanks for the message.

The issue persists on all headlines for me, it doesn't disappear after the first instance.
11 years 5 months ago #6 by A