I can't find an option in promospace for linking a module or a article?

Hello,

I like it, but i miss a parameter in the promosettings for an image, article or module.

I use Joomla 3.01
Waiting for an answer.
Thanks Hubert
11 years 5 months ago #1 by Hermanns

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello

There's a module parameter called Module Position to be filled to choose which module you want to be loaded by this PromoSpace module.

Create a Custom HTML type module if you don't have it yet for example then assign it to any module position then choose that position on your PromoSpace Module Position parameter. that's it.

Have a try...
11 years 5 months ago #2 by erwinschro

Hello,

that is only the half solution. (Fyi i use Joomla 3.01 / gantry-framework and template)
  • If i postion the promospace to top and the custom modul to the same... I see nothing...all white.
  • If i postion the promospace to top and the custom modul to the showcase (over main)... I see the promospacer but i also see the custom modul in the showcase.
  • If i postion the promospace to top and the custom modul to the showcase but set it on hide .. I see the promospacer but no content from the custom modul?

regard Hubert
11 years 5 months ago #3 by Hermanns

The trick here is to position that Custom HTML type module (your promospace content) to a module position that your template doesn't have, a 'dummy' position we can call it (just create one 'promo' position by typing it in position parameter), so then it won't be loaded by the template but available for that specific menu item.

Don't forget to assign that custom module to a menu item where you want promospace to be displayed.

Hope that clear enough...
11 years 5 months ago #4 by erwinschro

Yes ist works.
Thanks.

HN
11 years 5 months ago #5 by Hermanns

I want to say, thank you. It works.
11 years 1 week ago #6 by sandy