Disabling default layout so Mini K2 is the only layout showing

• Posted by Jessica Leatherwood (3) Offline
Does anyone know how I can disable the default article layout from showing? I got the K2 mini module to work, but beneath the K2 mini, shows the same articles in a different layout. I'm guessing this is the default article layout. How can I disable this so that the K2 mini is the only layout showing? I have already disabled the K2 default CSS. Thanks for your help!
11 years 10 months ago #1 by Jessica Leatherwood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Also, how do I get the articles to open in a new page? They did this with the default layout, but with the mini K2, they appear underneath the mini K2 module. So, the article never opens in a new page...just underneath all of the articles listed. I didn't see anywhere where I could change this option.
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Jessica Leatherwood

I'm not quite clear regarding this

...shows the same articles in a different layout. I'm guessing this is the default article layout.

I guess you publish Mini K2 and assign it on a Article Category Blog layout type menu item, don't you? If my guess is wrong then explain what type of menu that page is . But if that's true, then you need to set that Category Blog Layout menu item to show 0 articles on it's menu parameter.

Regarding the K2 Items links inside Mini K2 still bring you in the same page when clicked, what I can guess is that you've created a menu item with K2 Category layout type then choose a category where you also displays items in Mini K2 belong to that category. That's why K2 items have same menu item IDs in their URLs so that will go to the same page as the menu item ID are same.

So the trick is to assign Mini K2 module to a menu item with another Layout type like Article Layout Blog for example where you can get a blank page with only Mini K2 will be displayed on that page by setting the Number of Articles to 0.

Hope that clear enough...
11 years 10 months ago #3 by erwinschro

Thank you so much! You guys are beyond awesome.
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Jessica Leatherwood