Joomla Mini Frontpage module - problem read more link

• Posted by Andre van der Plas (5) Offline
Hi, I'm using the Joomla Mini Frontpage module. It's working ok but I still have a problem.

I have a news page with a list of articles. These articles only show the first 200 chars and there is a "read more" link. But when I click the readmore link it doesn't display the whole text. I'm a bit stuck with this problem.

So, basically what I want is that the read more link display the complete article as a new page under the same menu item. Is that possible?

Thnx!
11 years 5 months ago #1 by Andre van der Plas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello eland01,

in essence, this module should display the whole texts

and about this

display the complete article as a new page under the same menu item

you can assign this module in this module parameter, could you try that?

Regards
11 years 5 months ago #2 by ronysyz

Hi ronysyz,

Thanks for your answer. I really new to Joomla and I tried your answer but I'm afraid that I don't understand.

Maybe I didn't explain to well what I did.

I created a new category in the category manager with the name: "werkgroepen".

Than I created the module Mini FrontPage. In the general options I set the Number of columns to 1, the category to "werkgroepen", the Limit Introtext to 200 chars and I set the Read more text to "Lees verder".

Than I assigned the module to the menu item "Werkgroepen".

After this I created a few articles in the article manager. The Category for these articles is "werkgroepen".

Now these articles do appear under the menu item "Werkgroepen". It displays the introtext and the readmore button. But when I click on the read more button nothing happens. It does not display the complete text.

If you go to www.gehandicaptenplatformkatwijk.nl/werkgroepen maybe you can see what I mean.

greetings,
André
11 years 5 months ago #3 by Andre van der Plas

what about if you try to use the default template from Joomla and let we see what happen?
11 years 5 months ago #4 by ronysyz

no difference I'm afraid. The Mini Frontpage module is working when I press the read more button on the homepage. Than I go to e.g. the newpage with the full article. But it is not working in the same page..

Sorry for the inconveniance
11 years 5 months ago #5 by Andre van der Plas

Hello

It looks to me that you don't output the component page in your template layout, do you?

First make sure that this code below is inside your template index.php

<jdoc:include type="component" />

Let us know then
11 years 5 months ago #6 by erwinschro