Use The First Image In An Article As Thumbnail?

Hello,

I am working on installing Mini FrontPage on my site, and you can see the beta version where I'm testing at www.brocouncil.com/beta - Mini FrontPage is on the right side.

My question is this: the thumbnail image defaults to the last image in the article, but all of the images that are posted first in my articles are the same size and would make for a clean look. How can I edit the module to have the first image displayed as the thumbnail instead of the last?

I have read other answers about this, but I can't go back and add intro images to every article. I would like to do it through the module itself. I know it used to be this way and at some point was changed. Can you help?

Thank you!
11 years 10 months ago #1 by route2dmb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello

I'm afraid we can't help you further as per your requirement if you think this not work for you. We have been trying to the maximum point with this version of MiniFP. Until we or people can find us a right regular expression to get the first occurrence of image inside everyone introtext part of article, we can do anything with the module.

So what we can suggest to everyone is to try as hard as possible to just insert one image in their introtext part of their articles and insert the rest in the fulltext part so that MiniFP only will find one occurrence of image and processed it as a thumbnail then.

You said "i know it used to be this way" but as far as I remember I think we didn't make any change on that functionality since the last version of MiniFP where it used to be build for Joomla 1.5. I don't have the very old version of this module so I'm not able to compare that old version with this new one.

Again so sorry if this not work for you.
11 years 10 months ago #2 by erwinschro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.