problem between Virtuemart and Deal Plaza 1.1.1

Hello
I'm testing DEAL PLAZZA template and VIRTUEMART.
I want to use Virtuemart but not K2.

I have set up DEAL PLAZZA template on an existing Virtuemart site and on a new site (1st setup of Deal Plazza template and setup of Virtuemart). Both gives the same result : I cannot execute Virtuemart on those sites.

I have unchecked the JQUERY of VIrtuemart and the Google Jquery in VIRTUEMART but the problem remains.

Description of problem: Calling the VIrtuemart category menu gives nothing. When I click on the virtuemart menu I go back to the home page.
I get no error message.

Where do I need to search to get Virtuemart working ?

thank you for help

Merry Christmas (a little bit late)

best regards
Michel
11 years 4 months ago #1 by rottenberg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Michel

I have look around there and it's obvious nothing to do with the template, not a template issue but something has caused the Virtuemart menu item redirected back to the Home page. Maybe in the Redirection Component or any plugin make it behave like that. You might need another adjustment somewhere, I really don't have an idea. I only can be sure that there's a redirection URL issue there.

I think you would also need to ask for help to the developer of an extension suspected.

Good luck then.
11 years 4 months ago #2 by erwinschro

Hi again

I've just realized that this redirection issue is come from the deal plazza template. It overrides all Virtuemart pages so it will redirect all pages to the home page if that's not a checkout page. The reason we do that is because we only need Virtuemart to handle the shopping cart stuff of the deals, not using it as a general shopping cart in this template.

So to use the Virtuemart in general ways, you have to remove the following folder

/com_virtuemart/

inside the

/templates/deals_plazza/html/ folder.

Apologize for the previous answer....have a try then.
11 years 4 months ago #3 by erwinschro

thank you very much
It's working great now.

May be it would be important to add this information in the Deal Plazza documentation page about Virtuemart

Can you change the value to a positve one.

thank you for your help and for the speed answer in those holidays time
May 2013 bring us a lot a new Templteplazza extensions

best regards
Micihel
11 years 4 months ago #4 by rottenberg