Masonry out of alignment!

I've installed Mini K2 at my website at www.philmaybury.com/latest-news.html

Everything was fine before I installed the slider extension as well at the top of the page. Then Mini K2 suddenly changed to aligning across rows, rather than using masonry to run the articles in between each other in columns.

I guess it may be a script conflict - hopefully not, in which I don't have a lot of hope - but I'm hoping it's an easily resolvable issue, so I'm contacting you and the other extension manufacturer to see if there's an easy solution as I like both products.

I'm afraid my host doesn't like me giving admin access to third parties, but I'd appreciate it if you could have a look at the front end and see if the issue is rectifiable.

Incidentally I noticed the same effect with three other slider extensions I tried.

Thanks

PS: Tried changing jquery setting as per another post, but it made no difference
11 years 4 months ago #1 by Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello

I have tried to find out something might causing that but unfortunately I can't get it using my Firefox developer plugin, it keeps saying that I need to reload the page to get the source of that page. No idea why that happen so I can't inspect it further.

Let's hope your template or the slider plugin developer have something about it.
11 years 4 months ago #2 by erwinschro

Hi

That's interesting. Did you accept cookies? If not, it will keep asking you to reload the page. I also use the developer plugin for Firefox and it's working fine for me - but I guess it depends what function you are selecting.

I've attached two text files - one a copy of the generated source, and the other from using view css.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
11 years 4 months ago #3 by Phil

Meanwhile, can you edit this file

/modules/mod_minik2/mod_minik2.php

about line 111-114
/* Masonry */
$ = jQuery.noConflict();
$(window).load(function(){
var $container = $("#minik2'.$modid.'");

change them into,
/* Masonry */
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(window).load(function(){
var $container = jQuery("#minik2'.$modid.'");

and see if that will fix it.
11 years 4 months ago #4 by erwinschro

Thanks for that simple solution.

Yes - it's working perfectly now.

Will you be including this in future updates to the extension or will I have to keep amending it when I update?

Thank
Phil
11 years 4 months ago #5 by Phil

Yes absolutely we will include this in future updates...

Thanks to you for noticing this.
11 years 4 months ago #6 by erwinschro