JCE - XTypo and Fonticons+ Button not working properly

Dear Admins,

I have installed Fonticons+ as well as Xtypo Button on a Joomla 3.0.2 system.

In JCE I have entered custom css = templates/$template/css/editor-all.css in order to use ALL icons. Also, in advanced editor profile settings, I have added i[class|style],span[class] to cover both the Xtypo and the Fonticons requirement.

There are now two issues:

1) Fonticons+ Button:
when using the editor, and clicking on one of the icons in the table that appears, nothing happens, i.e. the icon is not inserted into the text. I had the same issue earlier (also raised it in this forum) with the free version of fonticons, and there was a mitigation with some update file. Is there such a bugfix for Fonticons+ as well?

2) Xtypo Button:
The span[class] setting unfortunately results in JCE not saving formatting changes, such as font-color or font-size. After deleting the 'span[class]' tag, formatting changes are saved, but, unfortunately, Xtypo button doesn't work anymore..

PLEASE NOTE: I added admin login details under 'your site details'.

I am looking forward to your help in this matter.

Thanks & regards,
Ralph
11 years 3 months ago #1 by ralphnohe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2) Xtypo Button:
The span[class] setting unfortunately results in JCE not saving formatting changes, such as font-color or font-size. After deleting the 'span[class]' tag, formatting changes are saved, but, unfortunately, Xtypo button doesn't work anymore..

when i tried to check it at your backend, i can make it working properly, please check at references link bellow
11 years 3 months ago #2 by ronysyz

Sorry, but obviously I diid not explain detailed enough:

I do NOT talk about the Xtypo formatting. What I am saying is, that other formatting changes (example: change some text into red color) are not saved. I just tried it again, and it still does not work. It is caused by the span[class]' tag.

Any ideas?
11 years 3 months ago #3 by ralphnohe

that other formatting changes (example: change some text into red color) are not saved. I just tried it again, and it still does not work. It is caused by the span[class]' tag.

How you do that? do you create a new css codes in your css file or what?
11 years 3 months ago #4 by ronysyz

No, what I am doing is:
1) I open an article for editing in Joomla backend
2) I select a word in the WYSIWYG editor (JCE in my case)
3) I change the color of that word from black to red, for example
4) I save it
5) the word is black again, and hence, the formatting change has not been saved

This phenomenon instantly goes away, after I take out the span[class] tag from JCE settings.
Unfortunately, then Xtypo button does not work anymore.
11 years 3 months ago #5 by ralphnohe

yes, it can't working like that
if you need another color for your font in xtypo button, you must change/add with using css code
11 years 3 months ago #6 by ronysyz