Mini Frontpage thumbnail

i've already updated the minifp but still experience the repeated thumbnail in my local pc (see attached screen shot). As to our live server, i can't tell yet if the issue has been solve unless there will be a new photo release.
I also noticed that the file name used for the thumbnails is different in my local copy and the live server. I can say that they are getting the photos from different folders.

For the live server it can be observed that the module gets the photo from images/gallery/photo release
For the local copy, images/gallery/photo release/subfolder

in the photo release folder, there are 2 subfolders. the images in the 2 subfolders is a result of the process made by another plugin.
11 years 5 months ago #7 by cattleyalinda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I think the problem is that your content is using a plugin for the image gallery.
MiniFP will process images she founded in introtext part of your article. If she find more than one images then she process the last one to be thumbnail-ed.

The plugin is the first one who's responsible to generate the photo gallery thumbnails on which then MiniFP found the last one (thumbnail generated by the plugin) and process it - again - to make thumbnail of it.

So if MiniFP found last image for example
/images/stories/gallery/2012-11-beekeeping-seminar/vsig_thumbs/07_55_44_80.jpg

then she would generate thumbnail with a name
/images/minifp/07_55_44_80_thumb.jpg

and display it in the module layout.

the strange is that those 07_55_44_80.jpg and 07_55_44_80_thumb.jpg are different, it looks like they're come from different image sources.

So, I would say that MiniFP is not the one who's responsible for that 'strange'. I would also suggest you to take a closer look at the plugin or ask the plugin developer about this issue
11 years 5 months ago #8 by erwinschro

I do agree with what you said that how the thumbnails are generated. i've figured that part already (since that is what i observed in our live server).

It's correct that the vsig plugin generates the thumbnails.
In the /images/stories/gallery/2012-11-beekeeping-seminar, there are photos in it which the vsig plugin process to generate the thumbnails. After processing, there will be two folders in that directory, vsig_thumbs and vsig_images. Each folder contains the processed images. Then Minifp would generate the thumbnail using the photo from the vsig_thumb folder.

But in the local copy of the website in my pc, MiniFP gets the images from
/images/stories/gallery/2012-11-beekeeping-seminar
instead of the directory that you mentioned.

And the current problem is that it displays thumbnails from previous photo releases and the same thumbnail (as seen in the attached photo.

there's only one 07_55_44_80_thumb.jpg, the other one is 08_55_44_80_thumb.jpg that is why they look different.
11 years 5 months ago #9 by cattleyalinda