Minifrontpagepro some questions

Hi,

1st question, i have bought minifrontpagepro on your site.
Is there also a theme that starts with, for example, 1 or 2 extensive news items and below that only headlines?
I have viewed all themes, but I did not see this option.

The theme newsy is the most closest, but still :)

2nd question, Why is the image in the Hero section zoomed in, can i zoom it out? It is bad quality image now.

3th question, is it possible that external images are showen without importing it (I will that it don't save thumbnails)?
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1 by Kees van Norde
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Kees van Norde.
The topic has been marked as resolved.
  • Posted by TemplatePlazza (5193) Offline
Hi

Is there also a theme that starts with, for example, 1 or 2 extensive news items and below that only headlines?
I have viewed all themes, but I did not see this option.

You can do that with default theme or newsy + playing a bit with settings. Please have a look at this video below 
www.dropbox.com/s%2Fj03nb9bsactgb2l%2Fsc...2006-17-00.mp4?raw=1

2nd question, Why is the image in the Hero section zoomed in, can i zoom it out? It is bad quality image now.

There is some explanations in the documentation file regarding the thumbnails generation and quality, I'd suggest you to read it first. If you still have a question, just let me know 

3th question, is it possible that external images are showen without importing it (I will that it don't save thumbnails)?

No, sorry. We do this by assuming that importing an external image and then creating a mini version of it (thumbnail) is more effective, as it will increase the access speed of the module itself and also not depending on the main website.
1 year 2 months ago #2 by TemplatePlazza
It worked with the theme, I didn't know this option was there in the default theme, thanks!

I'm going to take a look at the image quality, I'll switch between all options and see what effect that gives.

Would it be an option when importing (and creating the thumbnails) to save this by year or year/month? This way you don't get a very long folder with all images and you keep it a bit clear. Then removal is also a lot easier.

For example:
2022/Dec
2023/Jan
2023/Feb

Or alone:

I think that gives a lot more overview, it's just an idea :)
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #3 by Kees van Norde
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Kees van Norde.

It worked with the theme, I didn't know this option was there in the default theme, thanks!

Nice! Np glad could help

I'm going to take a look at the image quality, I'll switch between all options and see what effect that gives.

Ok 

I think that gives a lot more overview, it's just an idea

It is always safe to remove any images those are existing under the thumbnail folder (images/thumbnails/mod_minifrontpagepro) anytime you want. Because technically, old images will not be  used anymore when new articles are added, so the old item will never appear in the module anymore replaced with the newer item. And if an image is needed, and the thumbnail is already removed/deleted, then the thumbnail will be regenerated. So I don't think categorizing the image by month name is not really useful. You can also use cron job to delete all images regularly.
1 year 2 months ago #4 by TemplatePlazza

TemplatePlazza wrote:

Nice! Np glad could help

Ok 

I think that gives a lot more overview, it's just an idea

It is always safe to remove any images those are existing under the thumbnail folder (images/thumbnails/mod_minifrontpagepro) anytime you want. Because technically, old images will not be  used anymore when new articles are added, so the old item will never appear in the module anymore replaced with the newer item. And if an image is needed, and the thumbnail is already removed/deleted, then the thumbnail will be regenerated. So I don't think categorizing the image by month name is not really useful. You can also use cron job to delete all images regularly.
I get it, and you are certainly right now that I read it that way.

You also indicate that you can "empty/remove" this folder periodically with a cron job. Is this option in the plugin?
If not how can I create it?
1 year 2 months ago #5 by Kees van Norde
Cronjob is a scheduled task that runs automatically at specified intervals on server. It depends on how you manage your server. If your server using cPanel you can create one by following this guide : blog.cpanel.com/how-to-configure-a-cron-job/
Basically you just need to create command like this :
0 22 * * * rm -rf /path/to/folder/*
that means this command will run every day at 10 PM and delete all files within the directory /path/to/folder/*
Please be cautious when using this command, as using it on the wrong directory can result in deletion of important files.

There is another way to do this. Joomla 4 has a new feature called Scheduled Task. It's basically a function to run cronjob from the joomla administrator page. 
magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/march-202...oomla-task-scheduler
But there is no plugin to delete the contents of a specific folder for now. I will consider creating this type of plugin in the future.
1 year 2 months ago #6 by TemplatePlazza