Minifontpage - Carusel accessibility Alerts

Hi again,
It is not something very important but if you would like Minifrontpage be without accessibility alerts please fix that in the next version if possible:

I get Redundant linksWhat It Means
Adjacent links go to the same URL.

Why It Matters
When adjacent links go to the same location (such as a linked product image and an adjacent linked product name that go to the same product page) this results in additional navigation and repetition for keyboard and screen reader users.

How to Fix It
If possible, combine the redundant links into one link and remove any redundant text or alternative text (for example, if a product image and product name are in the same link, the image can usually be given alt="").
Thanks in advance

8 months 3 weeks ago #1 by George Kapa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5195) Offline
Hi, I'm not really sure about it, but all the links are generated by Joomla. Could you please provide me with more details about your case?
8 months 3 weeks ago #2 by TemplatePlazza

As I said it's nothing serious. It has to do with accessibility screen readers. When an article is displayed in the carousel minifrontpage it has a title and a thumbnail. Both of them have separate 'a href' but with the same url. This is not a good practice for accessibility reasons, because a person with disabilities scans with the scan reader two links for the same article.
This message contains confidential information

So if there is a way to "close" (combine) thumbnail and title in one 'a href', then the problem is solved. Or have an option in settings where you can disable the thumbnail url (make without a lnik).

8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #3 by George Kapa
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by George Kapa.

Hi, you can always modify the HTML output by using template overrides. If you're not familiar with it yet, you can watch this video. 
8 months 3 weeks ago #4 by TemplatePlazza

That was a very general answer.. Probably you don't want to give specific advice. 
Anyway. As I said that's more for your extension to become more accessible to all visitors. Not my problem. :)
8 months 3 weeks ago #5 by George Kapa

Hi, Okay, I will fix it in the next update.
In the meantime, as I mentioned earlier, since I assume you're capable of simple HTML/PHP editing, template override is simple. Removing the link for the image should be an easy task. It's just a matter of removing the link that wraps the image or combining the links for both the image and the title. Please choose the option that suits you best.
8 months 3 weeks ago #6 by TemplatePlazza
Attachments: