Fonticons Plus Colours Not Sticking

Just realized your issue is that you want to have a color changed in the fonticons? well as this is not really a 'font' then we can't give them a color using a select then clicking the color button in the Editor i'm afraid...
11 years 3 weeks ago #7 by erwinschro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

that's a bit of a bummer - thought we could do that with your app, s it says:

What is Font Icons?
Font-Based Icons is a great, new way to insert icons to your website content / design. It has several advantages when compared to the traditional image based icon. By using font based icons you will be able to modify the icon size without having to worry about the quality (the icons will still looks good when your website is opened from retina-ized devices such as iPhone, iPad and Latest Macbook Pro), changing the icon color without having to open your favorite image editor software, adding css3 effect to the icon and see the preview quickly, and many more ...

I'm assuming from what you are saying is that it isn't possible then?
11 years 3 weeks ago #8 by Max Lynam

Hi Maxlynam, yes it's possible to add a color to the icon, but as erwin said fonticons is implemented with the help of css, so there will be no physical font in the JCE that you can select then apply a editor style.
To add a color to the icon you should switch your editor to html mode then find the font icon part, for example
<i class="icon-xxx sizexx"></i>
you should add additional css style like this to the code that can be like this
<i class="icon-xxx sizexx" style="color:red"></i>

Hope this helps
11 years 3 weeks ago #9 by andy