No valid image was loaded.

I must emphasize that whatever resolution you are implementing MUST be able to be implemented by me on my multiple other websites WITHOUT YOUR HELP.  I will not use an extension that requires direct tech support from you every time I want to use it. 
7 months 4 weeks ago #19 by just GinA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posted by TemplatePlazza (5200) Offline

just GinA wrote:
I dont know you and will not give you unfettered FTP access to my server.  If you need direct access to the system files, you can use Profiles component that is installed on the website. 
No need for unfettered access, you just need to allow me access for minifrontpage pro folder only. But, I'm just realized that you have a file manager extension (Profiles) so I can say that it's a sufficient enough
7 months 4 weeks ago #20 by TemplatePlazza

Gina, I believe I've found the source of the issue. It seems that the RSS factory doesn't always successfully download image files properly when you're importing articles. This can be seen in the screenshot below, where the physical files appear to be 0 bytes in size.

This is why minifrontpage encounters error, as it assumes the file exist and proceeds with thumbnail generation, even though the file is corrupt.I've added a condition check in minifrontpage pro to verify the filesize beforehand, so that corrupt files won't be processed.
Could you please check this? 
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #21 by TemplatePlazza
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by TemplatePlazza.

I would have to agree with you.  My web designers are working on fixing the 0 byte images problem with RSS Factory - that is one of their biggest and most annoying bugs. If you can tweak your code to allow for those issues, I think I can work with it. Because each website that RSS Factory imports from has different XML RSS code, RSS Factory does not do a very good job importing images, objects and tags. My web designers have to create custom XML file for each website we are importing articles from, and using minifrontpagepro to display them on the frontpage of my website. 

I think you may want to include your solution in the next release, or release an immediate update, so I can use your extension on my other websites that are also using RSS Factory. I appreciate your investigation of this issue. Can I disable your testing module(s) now? 
7 months 3 weeks ago #22 by just GinA

I think you may want to include your solution in the next release, or release an immediate update, so I can use your extension on my other websites that are also using RSS Factory.

I have implemented the solution for the module installed on your website. Can you please try it and let me know if it's working properly? If everything is good, I will include the fix in the next update.
7 months 3 weeks ago #23 by TemplatePlazza

I am actively working on that site and others, and don't know what changes you made to the module (so i can install it on my other sites).  I need to know what file(s) you made changes to so i can preserve them until you release the next update.  Thanks. 
7 months 3 weeks ago #24 by just GinA